- Главная страница /
Dictionary of engineering
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, [roman] this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of the various branches of engineering or gain an understanding of their key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Engineering, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 17,500 entries encompassing the language of engineering
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers such topics as building construction, chemical engineering, civil engineering, control systems, design engineering, engineering acoustics, industrial engineering, information technology and computing, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, telecommunications, and thermodynamics
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference.